Salary: £100,000 – 120,000 p.a.
Can you grow an innovative development team? Can you take the lead on cutting edge technology decisions? Can you scale up a SaaS infrastructure to deliver a five-fold growth in business? All while ensuring our clients are delighted? This is your challenge!
We are Guru Systems and we are radically reducing carbon emissions by providing end-to-end IoT systems to energy companies: from hardware design and manufacture to SaaS and AI-driven analytics. With an excellent client list and hardware installed in more than 20k homes, we are both profitable and growing fast. Now we are searching for a passionate committed CTO to lead our team and own our technology strategy as we accelerate our growth and continue to disrupt the energy market.
Reporting to the CEO and as a key part of the Senior Management Team, your prime task is to take ownership of our technology, to know what it can and cannot do. Then your focus will turn to grow and mentor the development team as your technical input shapes future strategy. You’ll set the tone as you foster a supportive, inclusive, flexible and productive technical team.
Guru’s software stack consists of Go microservices communicating over gRPC. The build, deployment, service discovery, access control and monitoring are tightly integrated such that code changes are in production seconds after code review. We use metrics, alerts and probers, not manual testing to validate code changes.
To succeed in this role, we envisage that you will already have a solid track record as CTO or similar within a technology driven company.
- Create, communicate and gain buy-in for technology strategy with internal and external stakeholders as appropriate
- Manage, mentor and recruit a high-quality technical team to maintain the velocity of innovative software and product delivery
- Without the requirement to write code, lead our development from the front, ensuring productivity, transparency and plannability
- Ensure continuous service delivery with attention to information security, scalability, and business continuity at all times.
- Manage the development, release and ongoing operation of future product initiatives.
- Confident and self-motivated, comfortable within an SME, you’ll have an excellent leadership style with the ability to quickly build strong working relationships.
- Exceptional communication, organisation and problem-solving skills are also key, as is the ability to effectively prioritise your workload
- You will have a broad understanding of the technology landscape, able to select and deploy the most effective solution.
- An open and honest approach with a high degree of ethical integrity. An empathy with environmental issues and desire to take positive action.
Benefits and other information:
- Be part of a growing innovative business and help shape the future of energy
- Collaborative, flexible and friendly environment
- Bespoke personal development budget
- Normal working hours are 9 am to 5:30 pm
- Guru Systems will match 5% pension contributions
- 25 days holiday
- 2 Volunteer / Social Engagement Days
- Quarterly and annual social events, from bowling to a whole company getaway
- We offer great perks and discounts with free access to health and wellness support and more.
- Free coffee, teas and fruit every day, and a variety of beverages on a Friday!