Salary: £40-45,000 p.a.
Do you love data and its ability to help make the world a better place? Is your curiosity piqued given the chance to tap into a rich vein of high quality data? Do you enjoy delivering business insights and supporting data-driven decision making? Interested in energy and Big Data? Want to reduce carbon emissions in the UK and beyond?
Guru Systems is a fast growing company on a mission to radically reduce carbon emissions by creating and applying great technology.
We provide smart payment and data analytics systems to energy companies, housing associations and private developers. We manufacture our own embedded devices and manage our onsite Internet-of-Things networks, and are proud of our award-winning team and products.
Right now we need you on our team!
Guru’s Data Analyst role sits at the intersection of our Product and Technology teams.
Working with Technology, your mission is to take responsibility for the collection, organisation and interrogation of data sets from a variety of sources. You will take stewardship of Guru’s data (including metadata) and support our developers in their work to create robust and appropriate data storage solutions.
You’ll work closely with our Product team to identify opportunities for analysis that supports improvements in our client’s operations, in particular, the performance efficiency of heat networks throughout the UK. To achieve this, you’ll engage with domain experts in order to understand specific technical problems and construct appropriate analysis that allows our clients to take positive actions to improve their performance.
In doing so, you’ll be saving carbon emissions and reducing the overall cost to deliver heat. In short, you will be a key part of creating a platform that people love and want to use on a regular, continuous basis to make their world a better place.
You will have:
- A BSc in a quantitative field
- Experience with math / quantitative reasoning
- Experience delivering and presenting data analysis to a range of stakeholders
- Ability to use some kind of programming interface (e.g. R, Python, Tableau) to perform data collation, cleanup, and manipulation for analysis purposes. (Note: you are not expected to be a developer, just to be able to use programming languages to manipulate data)
- Ability to undertake ad-hoc analysis for Guru or our stakeholders as required (diversity analysis, distribution loss factors, etc) in accordance with good statistical and quantitative practices.
- Strong empathy and the capacity to react calmly and efficiently, even when others are stressed
- Excellent interpersonal and presentational skills, with the ability to communicate clearly in written and spoken English
Nice to have:
- Good understanding of web technologies and the Internet of Things
- Experience working in an SME / startup environment
- Experience of undertaking data analysis in the energy or built environment industries
You’ll have a solid track record of collection, organisation and interrogation of data sets from a variety of sources, the use of programming languages to manipulate data, and the design and presentation of data analysis to a range of stakeholders.
Naturally inquisitive, you’ll be comfortable recommending and implementing relevant tools and new processes. You’ll have a common sense approach to technology, allowing you to quickly understand the fundamentals and communicate them to non-technical stakeholders.
Confident and self-motivated, comfortable within an SME, you’ll have an excellent interpersonal style, able to operate effectively as part of a dynamic team. You’ll feel comfortable speaking to clients at all levels of seniority.
Salary, benefits and other information:
- Be part of a growing innovative business and help shape the future of energy
- Collaborative, flexible and friendly environment
- Bespoke personal development budget
- Normal working hours are 9 am to 5:30 pm
- Guru Systems will match 5% pension contributions
- 25 days holiday
- 2 Volunteer / Social Engagement Days
- Quarterly and annual social events, from bowling to a whole company getaway
- We offer great perks and discounts with free access to health and wellness support and more.
- Free coffee, teas and fruit every day, and a variety of beverages on a Friday!
A bit more about Guru:
We have brought together a fantastic team of extremely bright people from fields that don’t usually overlap: energy, engineering, IoT, software development and Big Data analytics. Proud of our award-winning team and products, we maintain high standards, certified to ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO27001 and Cyber Essentials Plus.
We care about our culture – a lot. While Guru’s people are highly effective, we are also open-minded, curious and always willing to own and learn from our mistakes. We are tolerant but we won’t knowingly hire jerks, no matter how skilled they are. We also prefer team players to lone heroes.
We also care a lot about our clients and other stakeholders, because we can only fulfil our mission if they are delighted with our output.Apply Now