Can you create worlds where developers flourish? Could you build environments to host IoT solutions that optimise energy efficiency? Are you a Dev Ops Guru?
We are Guru Systems, an innovative provider of smart payment and utility monitoring systems for the low-carbon energy market. We manufacture our own embedded devices and manage our onsite Internet-of-Things networks. Proud of our award-winning team and products, we maintain high standards, certified to ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO27001 and Cyber Essentials Plus. Right now we need you on our team!
To create a modern, maintainable and automated environment for our software and support services to thrive. Aiming to achieve an infrastructure that is 100% automated, built on well established open-source software. Creating a development environment that uses a common Build-Chain across software, monitoring and testing that is both repeatable and auditable.
The skills you will need:
- Experience in Linux server administration, preferably Debian
- Scripting experience: Python or Go
- Hands-on working with a fully automated build & deploy chain
- Good knowledge in KVM virtualisation
- Experience with Icinga / KairosDB / Cassandra
- Problem analysis of complex software stacks (strace, chroot, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of PostgreSQL
- Basic knowledge of Ceph
- Assessment of problems and suggestions for improvements
- You’ll have several years’ track record within dev ops. Able to create available and scalable systems.
- With a deep understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Development Build Chain, able to gain cross-department cooperation.
- Naturally inquisitive, actively participating in the architecture of software and hardware, recommending and implementing relevant tools and new processes.
- Confident and self-motivated, comfortable within an SME, you’ll have an excellent interpersonal style with the ability to quickly build strong working relationships.
Benefits and other information:
- Be part of a growing innovative business and help shape the future of energy
- Collaborative, flexible and friendly environment
- Bespoke personal development budget
- Normal working hours are 9 am to 5:30 pm
- Guru Systems will match 5% pension contributions
- 25 days holiday
- 2 Volunteer / Social Engagement Days
- Quarterly and annual social events, from bowling to a whole company getaway
- We offer great perks and discounts with free access to health and wellness support and more.
- Free coffee, teas and fruit every day, and a variety of beverages on a Friday!
We have brought together a fantastic team of extremely bright people from fields that don’t usually overlap: energy, engineering, IoT, software development and Big Data analytics. Proud of our award-winning team and products, we maintain high standards, certified to ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO27001 and Cyber Essentials Plus.
We care about our culture – a lot. While Guru’s people are highly effective, we are also open-minded, curious and always willing to own and learn from our mistakes. We are tolerant but we won’t knowingly hire jerks, no matter how skilled they are. We also prefer team players to lone heroes.
We also care a lot about our clients and other stakeholders, because we can only fulfil our mission if they are delighted with our output.Apply Now