Do you cut code with ease? Would you revel in IoT and “Big” data solutions? Do you build API’s in your sleep?
We are Guru Systems, an innovative provider of smart payment and utility monitoring systems for the low-carbon energy market. We manufacture our own embedded devices and manage our onsite Internet-of-Things networks. Proud of our award-winning team and products, we maintain high standards, certified to ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO27001 and Cyber Essentials Plus. Right now we need you on our team!
To develop the next generation of our software solutions and to stay at the pinnacle of current technology, working in an agile team using extreme programming techniques, building out advanced modular software. This will include adding modules to an existing service-oriented architecture, improving API efficiency and usage, and enhancing the ease of system use for both internal and external customers.
The skills you will Need:
• Core Linux knowledge
• Strong current API design
• Experience using Go / Golang, gRPC
• Knowledge of Git
• Comfortable reading Python and PHP code
• Good Architecture / Design or UI Design skills
• You’ll have a solid track record of Software development in an open source environment. Knowledgeable in a range of software tools and languages.
• Naturally inquisitive, actively participating in the architecture of software and hardware, recommending and implementing relevant tools and new processes.
• Confident and self-motivated, comfortable within an SME, you’ll have an excellent interpersonal style, able to operate effectively as part of a dynamic team.
Salary, benefits and other information:
Reporting to the Chief Technical Officer, this is a full-time permanent role with 25 days’ holiday each year.
Normal working hours are 9 am to 5:30 pm with half an hour for lunch.
The salary is competitive and Guru Systems will match 4.5% pension contributions.
Guru Systems is a young and rapidly growing company delivering pay-as-you-go utility and monitoring systems to low-carbon energy schemes. Our people are important to us and we are proud of our success to date. We provide an open and supportive environment to ensure that together our success continues to grow. Oh, and we are located in a fantastic office in the middle of Borough Market, directly above the best coffee in London.
To apply please forward your CV to email@example.com with “Developer” in the subject line and we will be in touch.